Business ventures in Stony Plain are supported by a number of local, regional, and provincial resources.
Whether you need information about permits or developments, advice on developing or improving your business plan, or want to network with like-minded business professionals, the support services you need to succeed are here.
Economic Development Office
The office of Economic Development was created to facilitate the Town’s economic development activities with existing and new businesses. The office provides assistance to businesses and compiles important local and regional economic data. In addition, the unit coordinates with other Town departments on issues of planning, infrastructure and special events.
The Economic Development office is responsible for attracting new business to the community and encouraging business retention and expansion within the municipality. Fostering a positive business environment ultimately will contribute to the economic prosperity of the community. The Town aims to create an atmosphere that is conducive to local business retention and growth.
The unit is accountable for the planning, organization, coordination and execution of the Town’s economic development initiatives and identifying opportunities for the municipality that help create an environment that emphasizes the community’s “open for business” philosophy.
Staff are available to work with businesses, in order to bring together the necessary tools that best suit both local business and the community’s needs – before, during and after establishing operations in Stony Plain.
The Town offers several business services, including business development assistance, providing information about the community, site selection services and business networking opportunities. Economic Development serves as an advocate for business and industry and represents the Town on a number of external boards, including the Stony Plain and District Chamber of Commerce and several local, Tri-Municipal and Capital Region boards.
What We Do
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the Town
- Maximize public and private relationships with other individuals and groups pursuing economic development initiatives
- Manage relationships with stakeholders at the local, provincial and national levels, to coordinate and maximize efforts around economic development in Stony Plain
- Ensure that necessary economic development information about Stony Plain is available to all parties interested in doing business in the community
- Facilitate and promote programs and services that help local businesses and industry prosper and grow
- Support and strengthen Stony Plain’s business community
- Take a leadership role in attracting business and investment to – and sustaining in – Stony Plain by promoting the community’s strengths and advantages