NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Deadline for Submission – Wednesday, September 18, 2019
The Award of Creative Excellence is presented annually, and is now in its second year. Eligible nominees for this distinguished award can be individuals, organizations, non-profits or businesses who contribute to social and cultural cohesion, community identity, creative economic sustainability and local tourism through creativity.
Do you know an individual, organization, non-profit, or business that should be recognized as a creative community leader? Listed are some ideas to help you think of a nominee that:
- Offers a substantial cultural initiative that promotes Stony Plain;
- Creatives opportunity for the public to engage in a creative pursuit as participants or audience members;
- Encourages accessibility and inclusion by reducing barriers to participation relating to arts and culture;
- Elevates the creative culture and identity of Stony Plain;
- Facilitates a meaningful and transformative experience for the individual and the community;
- Partners or collaborates with local artists or artisans to promote economic sustainability for a creative industry;
- Contributes substantial achievements in the field of local cultural planning, programs and services;
- Shows professional excellence in one’s creative field;
- Enhances the vitality and vibrancy of the community.
- Is a Cultural Ambassador for the Town of Stony Plain.
- Only events, projects, or initiatives by an organization or non-profit that take place in Stony Plain will be eligible.
- Individuals nominated must be a resident of Stony Plain to be eligible.
- Businesses must have a valid business license from the Town of Stony Plain to be eligible.
- The recipient of the award will not be eligible for two years after the win to be nominated again.
- Events, projects, or initiatives that have taken place in the last 18 months from the open date of nominations will be considered eligible for consideration.
2:00 p.m. – Wednesday, September 18, 2019
The Town Council will select the winner at the recommendation of the Cultural Roundtable. The decision is based on eligibility, contributions, and supporting material submitted on the nominee’s behalf.
The top three nominees will be invited to the Chamber of Commerce Awards Gala on November 1, 2019 for the announcement of the final winner. For more information about the Chamber of Commerce Awards, visit the Stony Plain and District Chamber of Commerce website.
Chantelle Laberge, Culture and Tourism Development Officer
Town of Stony Plain
4905 – 51 Avenue
Stony Plain, Alberta T7Z 1Y1
Back To Postings